I can already see your confused look.
The Liebster Award? What the heck is that?
It’s a pay-it-forward award. Liebster is German for “darling,” “beloved”. The award’s origins have been demystified somewhat.
This reminds me of a blog hop. Or a glorified chain letter. Regardless, I feel special.
To accept the nomination, you in turn have to nominate 5 to 11 fellow, new bloggers (less than 200 followers). I think it’s a sweet gesture to other bloggers who you think deserve attention.
If you choose to accept this nomination, you must do the following:
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
The folks I have picked are seriously incredible bloggers. I’ve learned a great deal from them. Many of them have also been a huge support to me as I grow my blog.
So without further ado, here are my Liebster Award nominees:
- Erica – Rubber Ducky Writer - copywriting and blogging
- Jesse – Cajun Copy – copywriting and best business practices
- Brandon – Read. Learn. Write. – falling in love with reading
- Tara – Write Naked – blogging and the life of a freelancer
- Peter – Writing in Color - becoming a better writer
- Joshua – Strange Tiny People - why kids are awesome
- Bree – Geek My Life – writing and all things geekery
- Claire – Write, Claire, Write! – the life of a blogger
- Sarah – Courageous Content – living a better life
I know it’s a long list, but I promise you will not regret following these folks. They are great writers and great people.
To Deevra: This is so sweet! I know we haven’t had a chance to interact a lot yet, but I look forward to getting to know you and your writing better!
To my nominees: Thank you. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better writer. I hope you participate!
Here are your 11 questions:
1) What is the first book you ever remember reading?
2) What time period would you choose to go to if you could (you can also go into the future)?
3) Who is your biggest supporter?
4) Why is blogging so important to you?
5) What’s your educational background?
6) How did your educational background prepare you for your blog?
7) What motivates you to keep writing, even when you don’t feel like it?
8) What is the one piece of advice you could give to aspiring bloggers that you wish you had figured out sooner?
9) What is your dream blog? Have you ever submitted a guest post to them? (Sorry. That’s two. )
10) Had you heard of the Liebster Award before this?
11) Other than blogging, what other interests/career goals are you pursuing?
Now, on to Deevra’s Questions!
1) What made you decide to start a blog?
I have been journaling since I was a kid. Blogging online publicly seemed like a natural progression, but I’ve only been doing business blogging since September 2012.
2) What’s your day job and do you enjoy it? (be honest – I promise I won’t tell your boss!)
Right now, I don’t have a day job. I’m still pondering if I should keep pursuing outside work or focus on this business and/or go back to school to finish my paralegal certificate!
3) If you won a $1 million, what would do with it?
More than likely, I’d give a lot of it to my family back home in S.C., buy a house for my husband and I, do some traveling and probably give to AmeriCorps, where I served in 2002-2003. The rest I’d save up for something special!
4) Do you support any charities, and if so, which ones?
Right now, I don’t support any charities monetarily. I’m hoping to become a Big Sister, volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and continue to support the General Federation of Women’s Clubs.
5) What is your passion and are you pursuing it?
I really consider writing more of a “calling” than a passion. I tried to move away from it, but there was always someone or something pulling me back towards it. I’m also pretty passionate about the Internet.
6) What has been your greatest accomplishment that made you feel truly proud?
My most recent accomplishment is finding and marrying my husband. (I feel like I have to say that, because he said it first.) But it’s true. He’s pretty flippin’ amazing.
7) What has been your biggest regret in life?
I think I took my college experience way too seriously at times. I was more focused on grades than developing relationships with people and professors. But I’m still happy I came out with a great GPA. There are also some fellas I regret dating…
8) If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Oh, that’s a toughie. I think my current choice is maybe the Florida Keys, or at least somewhere bright and sunny like Hawaii or northeastern Australia. As long as there’s beach and water…
9) What’s the best advice anyone gave you?
To not take everything personally and to take one day, one moment at a time.
10) Charlie Brown or Bart Simpson?
11) Chocolate or vanilla?