I officially passed 1,000 page views on the final day of 2012, and I have you, my incredibly awesome readers, followers and friends to thank for it.
It isn’t much for a few months, but considering this is just a regular WordPress.com site, I’m so happy to have done this.
If you’re new to blogging, here’s a quick overview as to how I did this:
1) Personal Facebook page – I currently didn’t see a need to create another page, since I’m essentially branding myself, and I already have more than 600 friends to help spread posts and links and updates.
2) Marketing via job searches/e-mail – I always use this site as my marketing tool and for applying to jobs, whether online or offline.
3) Online Groups – Please note: I worded the links to my blog posts requesting feedback. Don’t spam groups with blog posts without making it useful to them. They will be overlooked. I did this through a LinkedIn private investigation group and a separate virtual assistant forum.
I think I’m going to increase my blogging for 2013. I have been doing once a week, but if I can generate enough ideas, I’d like to do a couple of times per week. I’ve already done several this week to make up for the gap during the Christmas holidays. Have you enjoyed them so far?
What are you doing right now to gain a following to your website?
While my followers list is still small, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank my followers on this blog for being awesome by mentioning them on the blog.
My followers rule for a couple of reasons:
- Their websites are great and should be checked out by all my readers. So happy to showcase these folks.
- Their expertise and viewpoints challenge me and my readership. Without further adieu, here they are!
Special Thanks – these folks have been following my blog posts and consistently contributing valuable comments and ideas.
- Joanna Moylan – a super gaming blogger and overall cool person at http://superwidget.wordpress.com. She is featured in one of my first Big Shiny Robot stories on gamer girls.
- Jesse Lanclos – a freelance writer and blogger at http://www.cajuncopy.com/. His comments for my recent blog posts have added life to them!
- Write Naked – a great freelance writing blog at http://writenaked.wordpress.com. I found this site through the Freelance Strategist, which is the blog for the Contently portfolio platform.
My Faithful Blog Followers –Thanks for being followers and for contributing your time to read and comment on my posts and pages!
Mindy Veissid – Photography blogger
Roger Tharpe – Christian author and blogger
The Manfred School – Classroom/online educational site
Adrienne Gravish – Personal blogger
Prego And The Loon – Personal/domestic violence blogger
The Good VA – Virtual assistant
Sierra Perdida – Virtual assistant
Alberto Monnar – Musician
Elliot Echlov – Friend and HR expert
Patrick Latter – Canadian photographer
Like what you’ve read here? Are you in need of a boost to your blog or writing project? Contact me about a free 30-minute consultation.